Wednesday Children's Course: 'Zen Designers' - FULL
Wednesday 17th May
Term classes run once a week for 6 consecutive weeks.
Held at Masonic Lodge,1 Dunmore Street, Wanaka.
Children will learn the concept of mindfulness, while guided to deliberately relax as they direct focus towards their creative expression.
Following the theme of animals or mythical creatures, on illustrator board each child will design their own zentangle drawing with ink and explore use of repetitive designs. Creating their master pieces with inks, vibrant illustrator pro markers and artist coloured pencils, you will have a high standard work of art to enjoy for years to come.
If you would prefer to use direct credit please email me for account details.
Inky Fingers Art School (founded by Hollie ONeill in 2002) aims to:
– Nurture students to explore and discover their artistic talents
– Spark enthusiasm to produce artworks of extremely high standard
– Encourage students to reach artistic potential
– Introduce role-model artists to encourage learning of fine art techniques and styles
– provides students with the opportunity to develop their skills with a variety of mediums including clay, drawing, mixed media, painting, pastel, printing and sculpture.
– Each term there is a different 8 week programme teaching children to make art in the manner of specific role model artists, both New Zealand and internationally renowned artists. Emphasis is on art-making techniques and processes. Your child will work on one piece of artwork over an eight week period, guided through each step by a qualified teacher and professional artist. These classes are the perfect way to develop your child’s artistic potential. Your child will be inspired and the results will astound you.
Inky Fingers director, Hollie O’Neill (aka Hollie McLean) is a qualified teacher (Bachelor of Education), also trained in Fine Art and Visual Communications at Whitecliffe College of Arts & Design. She has taught in Primary Schools and as an Art Specialist Teacher and opened Inky Fingers Art School in 2002 in Auckland and Waihi Beach. She is also a professional Artist, exhibiting in many galleries and design stores through out New Zealand. Hollie has twice been a finalist for the prestigious ‘NZ Painting and Printmaking Award’.
“Hollie inspires the children she teaches to let loose their creative energies and explore new, exciting ways to express themselves through art. With her guidance, they make their ideas ‘come to life’ and gain the confidence to try new things, always with wonderful results.
Hollie has a natural affinity in working with children of all ages and her enthusiasm is boundless. I am delighted that she is to offer classes again and my daughter is eagerly looking forward to spending many more happy years with Hollie, learning, creating and enjoying the pleasure of her company.” Deborah Rainham, parent of student
Please phone Hollie ONeill for enquiries:
M: +64 21 535 217
*Booking confirmation email will be emailed following payment.
*Full payment of the course confirms booking. All fees include GST and materials unless otherwise stated.
*A full refund will be made if a class is full at the time of enrolment, or cancelled.
*Refunds will be only made with at least 3 days notice prior to the start of the course & will occur a $20 administration fee. No refunds will be given after the course has commended.
*Hollie ONeill reserves the right to postpone or cancel any class or, if necessary substitute course tutor but will reserve the right to inform.
*Receipts will be issued upon request.
*Children are to be collected no later than 5pm from term classes unless otherwise arranged with tutor.
*Artworks made are documented for archival & publicity purposes. If you do not want images of your children or their work released, please inform at time of enrolment.